Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Kamen Rider Episode 17!


If you doubted it after part one, then let me reassure you:  This is a GREAT episode.  The story wraps up with kind of a "Well, ok... I guess that's all right" ending.  But everything leading up to that is grade A Rider action.  Particularly the fight scene in the wrestling ring.  The choreography is impressive, even by today's standards!  (Or especially by today's standards...  considering your opinion on the Heisei shows.)  Also, there's a great fight scene with Tachibana and Taki.  It's always nice to see Tachibana beating some goons up.

Listen for the soundtrack, too.  Something about that episode really struck a chord with me...  no pun intended.  I really loved the music.  Especially the music that plays while Taki comes in to show the kids his perm.  I mean serve them some noodles.

Kamen Rider episode 17:
MKV
Script
AVI

Next week's release is up in the air right now.  We have a lot of finished scripts, as you can see on the side bar.  If all goes according to my current plan, we should have a double release for next week.  What a perfect way to spend those lazy summer afternoons.

Thanks for watching, everyone!

11 comments:

  1. S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

    A
    L
    E
    R
    T

    I always liked this two part story so great to finally watch it with subtitles. Interestingly, this was one of the few times that instead of being killed the monster merely reverted to his human form and personality. IIRC that only happens three other times in this series I guess in this case because the monster happened to be the older brother of Goro's friend. I always thought that was unfair. Every week some innocent person gets abducted by Shocker and brainwashed and reconstructed and end up being killed just because they don't have a kid that KR knows about. Still a great episode though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to try and justify it... you could say that Noboru was such an UNSTOPPABLE WRESTLER that he survived the Rider Kick. But what probably happened is the writers said "Eh, let's just give this story a happy ending."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could somebody PLEASE upload the episodes of Kamen Rider Ichigo in torrent? My internet conexion is very slow with direct links(don't even reach 50kbps), but with torrent is super fast!(reaches even 500kbps). Thanks Steel a Jeeg for you work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy endings. Has to happen every once in a while. And a great job on this week's show. The translation was really well done. GANBATTE YO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately I can't see us doing torrents any time soon. Maybe for a big batch (say, half a series)
    The reason being; I've seen much more popular sub groups with much more high profile projects struggle to keep a torrent seeded. And unfortunately, I have to use my connection for work and I can't keep a file seeded 24/7

    I was genuinely considering it for a while, but it seems like something that wouldn't stay maintained for very long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! This is great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did anybody else notice that the locker room the wrestler was abducted from in the previous episode was the same place the soccer player was abducted from in episode 13? And what happened to Shiro? I haven't seen him since episode 15.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That locker room is the "that damn stadium" of the Showa era. And it'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for you answer Steel a Jeeg, and I understand your situation. So I hope for the day that a batch of half a series come out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm happy that the episode's ending is happy and......great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hm, not sure if this is relevant at all, but... it appears in all this time, this post is missing the appropriate tags to be found via the Release Links to the right?

    ReplyDelete